Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. At night monsters come out, make sure to build a shelter before that happens. It also has music by C418! So far 26,521,082 people have registered and 5,580,858 people bought the game.
In the last 24 hours, 90,831 people registered, and 14,440 people bought the game.
Now THAT is something to brag about.
Before I continue my report, here is some credits:
- Game design, programming, graphics: Markus Persson (“Notch”) from the beginning, later Jens Bergensten (“Jeb”) and the rest of Mojang
- Music and sounds: Daniel Rosenfeld (“C418”)
- Ingame artwork (paintings): Kristoffer Zetterstrand
- Additional programming: Paul Spooner
Minecraft uses sounds from the Freesound project.
Technology used in minecraft
- Java by Sun Microsystems
- LWJGL (license) by a whole bunch of talented people.
- “3d Sound System” by Paul Lamb.
- JOrbis (license) by JCraft.
The best part about Minecraft is that you can play with your friends on multiplayer servers, so you can build hide and fight with them!
How to survive your first night:
You can see the post that I will make after this for 4 videos of tutorials.