As tomorrow is New Year’s Eve, it seems fitting that we should do a Year in Review blog post – so here it is.
This year was a big year for square anniversaries. This year was:
- The 100th birthday of President Ronald Reagan
- The 50th anniversary of the finishing of the Berlin Wall
- The 10th anniversary of the Xbox
- The 10th anniversary of the Apple Store
- The 10th anniversary of 9/11
- The 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 1861 battles
- And not to mention, the 25th anniversary of Microsoft Windows!
You’d think it would be 2010 getting all the fame, but no! It was this year. And yes, of course, I left out lots of things, and you can add on by replying in the comments.
This year, Osama Bin Laden was killed, Japan had a huge earthquake that killed many and caused nuclear power plants to go haywire, a whole bunch of uprisings happened in the Middle East causing most notably the Libyan war, and more.
Steve Jobs passed away, PlayStation Network was hacked, Google bought Motorola, Microsoft bought Skype, AT&T tried to buy T-Mobile, Android Ice Cream Sandwich was released, the Kindle Fire was released, Adobe killed mobile Flash, and Siri and the iPhone 4S were introduced.
Gabrielle Giffords was shot, the US credit rating was downgraded, and many GOP presidential hopefuls went head-on in debates over the 2nd half of the year. The Iowa straw poll was held, and Michele Bachmann won it. Then Herman Cain rose in the polls, but then dropped out. Newt Gingrich rose way high – to 40% even, but then sank down. Mitt Romney stayed the same – around 20% – the whole time.
This year, lots of things happened. Let’s see what’s planned for next year.
- Windows 8
- iPad 3
- iPhone 5
- Windows Phone “Apollo”
- GOP nomination
- Presidential election
- So much other stuff, that it can be never written in one short post, or can never be predicted beforehand!
So, everyone here at Asdaqua wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year! See you next year!